FRONT PAGE NEWS
"How can government information librarians best take advantage of the challenges in our profession?" First and foremost, there is a need to reaffirm our values and recognize that our goal of providing access to government information remains the same. How we most effectively achieve that goal requires that we:
In order for real change to take place, all government information librarians must be able to take advantage of new technologies. For this to be achieved continuing education opportunities must be available to all.
- educate ourselves in the use of new technologies,
- recognize our changing patron base,
- develop new instruction programs to facilitate patron success in an online environment,
- take advantage of the skills and expertise of colleagues, and
- shift our energies from providing access to the physical collection to an online collection.
Source: Government Documents at the Dawn of the New Millenium in the "Documents News from Around the Country" section.
- Thanks for visiting the RED TAPE Home Page.
Each issue is continuously updated and expanded during a three month cycle, so check back soon for the latest changes.
- If you have any comments, notice any glaring inaccuracies, or would like to forward any relevant information concerning this Home Page, please send e-mail to:
Jon Harrison : Page Editor
Main Library Reference
Michigan State University Libraries
E. Lansing, MI 48824-1048
Voice mail: (517) 432-6123, ext. 123
Fax: (517) 432-8050
Last revised 12/23/99