- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online: "clone" available at http://www.britannica.com/eb/article?eu=24819&tocid=0
- Early scientific attempts at cloning. In WorldBook.com.
- I Wilmut, A E Schnieke, J McWhir, A J Kind, K H Campbell. Viable
offspring derived from fetal and adult mammalian cells.Nature
385: 810-813, 1997
- J B Cibelli, S L Stice, P J Golueke, J J Kane, J Jerry, C Blackwell,
F A Ponce de Leon, J M Robl. Cloned transgenic calves produced from
nonquiescent fetal fibroblasts. Science 280: 1256-1258, 1998
- Y Kato, T Tani, Y Tsunoda. Cloning of calves from various somatic
cell types of male and female adult, newborn, and fetal cows. Journal
of Reproduction and Fertility 120: 231-237, 2000
- T Wakayama, A C Perry, M Zuccotti, K R Johnson, R Yanagimachi. Full-term
development of mice from enucleated oocytes injected with cumulus cell
nuclei. Nature 394: 369-374, 1998
- A Ogura, K Inoue, K Takano, T Wakayama, R Yanagimachi. Birth of mice
after nuclear transfer by electrofusion using tail tip cells. Molecular
Reproduction and Development 57: 55-59, 2000
- I A Polejaeva, S H Chen, T D Vaught, R L Page, J Mullins, S Ball,
Y Dai, J Boone, S Walker, D L Ayares, A Colman, K H Campbell. Cloned
pigs produced by nulear transfer from adult somatic cells. Nature
407: 86-90, 2000 Sep 7
- A Onishi, M Iwamoto, T Akita, S Mikawa, K Takeda, T Awata, H Hanada,
A C Perry. Pig cloning by microinjection of fetal fibroblast nuclei.
Science 289: 1188-1190, 2000
- A Baguisi, E Behboodi, D T Melican, J S Pollock,
M M Destrempes, C Cammuso, J L Williams, S D Nims, C A Porter, P Midura,
M J Palacios, S L Ayres, R S Denniston, M L Hayes, C A Ziomek, H M Meade,
R A Godke, W G Gavin, E W Overstrom, Y Echelard. Production of goats
by somatic cell nuclear transfer. Nature Biotechnology 17: 456-461,
- T. Shin, D. Kraemer, J. Pryor, L. Liu, J. Rugila, L. Howe, S. Buck,
K. Murphy, L. Lyons, M. Westhusin. A cat cloned by nuclear transplantation.
Nature 415: 859, 2002.
- P. Chesne, P.G. Adenot, C. Viglietta, M. Baratte, L. Boulanger, J-P.
Renard. Cloned rabbits produced by nuclear transfer from adult somatic
cells. Nature Biotechnology 20: 366-369, 2002.
- Galli, LaGutina, Crotti, Colleoni, Turini, Ponderato, Duchi and Lazzari.
Pregnancy: A cloned foal born to its dam twin. Nature 424: 635,
- Zhou Q, Renard JP, Le Friec G, Brochard V, Beaujean N, Cherifi Y,
Fraichard A, and Cozzi J. Generation of fertile cloned rats using controlled
timing of oocyte activation. Science 302(5648): 1179, 2003. Epub
2003 Sep 25.
- Woods GL, White KL, Vanderwall DK, Li GP, Aston KI, Bunch TD, Meerdo
LN, Pate BJ. A mule cloned from fetal cells by nuclear transfer. Science
301(5636): 1063, 2003. Epub 2003 May 29.
- See press
release from Science Daily.