Agriculture, Botany, Foresty, Natural Resources, Parks, Recreation, and Leisure Studies Librarian
Library Liaison to Lyman Briggs College
Collections Manager for Walter Morofsky Library, Kellogg Biological Station, Gull Lake, MI
Collections Management Department, Main Library
Selected Research Guides
- Agriculture Research Guide - includes the topics crops, farm management, and agriclutural engineering
- AgNIC at Michigan State University - Research sites on Asparagus, Blueberries, Cherries, Elderberries, Strawberries, School Gardening, and Viticulture
- Agriculture Experiment Station Documents - Search Strategies
- Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering Research Guide
- Botany Research Guide
- Endangered and Invasive Species Research Guide
- Forestry Research Guide
- Horticulture & Gardening Research Guide
- Landscape Architecture Research Guide
- Michigan Crops Research Guide - covers the crops celery, hops, sugar beets and mint.
- Michigan Wine and Enology Research Guide
- MSU Campus Plants Research Guide
- Organic, Sustainable, and Alternative Farming Systems
- School Gardening in the early 1900s
- Soils and Agronomy Research Guide
- CBHL Annual Meeting website: "A Study in Green: Horticultural and Botanical Educations for All Ages"
- Teghtmeyer, Suzi. “GLH article databases: A comparison.” CBHL Newsletter, Number 128, February 2013, pgs. 1, 4.
- Book review by Suzi Teghtmeyer. Vegetable Gardening the Colonial Williamsburg Way: 18th-century Methods for Today's Organic Gardeners, by Wesley Greene and photography by Barbara Temple Lombardi. New York: Rodale, 2012. CBHL Newsletter, Number 128, February 2013. p. 9.
- Teghtmeyer, Suzi. “CBHL 2013 - 45th Annual Meeting Preview.” CBHL Newsletter, Number 127, December 2012, pgs. 1, 4.
- Vibrarnt Treasures: Botanical Illustrations from the 16th to 20th Centuries
This is an online exhibit of many types of botanical illustrations. From the earliest work (Bock 1552), to the most recent work on how to create your own illustrations, the vibrancy and detailing of the plants drawn and painted will amaze you. Florilegia, peepshows, herbals, tomes, and how-to’s reveal a selection of the colorful botanical illustrations the MSU Libraries have to offer.
- CBHL 2011 - My report in a Powerpoint format of the 43rd annual meeting of the Council on Botanical and Horticultural Libraries, held in Chicago.
- American Society for Horticultural Science Presidental Addresses, 1903-2003 / compiled by Jules Janick. This work is in the MSU Libraries, but few people realized how interesting and inspiring these addresses are to the listeners of the time, and actually how many are relevant to today's issues in the field. The file I've linked to is a list of the presidents and the title of their address. If the person has a tie to MAC or MSU, that is noted, too. Enjoy!
Pdf file of the Presidents and Adresses.
Link to the Library catalog record.
- Early Michgan Botanist Volney M. Spalding documents:
- Spalding, Volney M. "Native medicinal plants of Michigan."
Proceedings of the Michigan Pharmaceutical Association at its
Fourth Annual Meeting, Detroit, October 17, 1877. pp. 18-27.
[link to the pdf - 7 pages]
- Spalding, Volney M. "Flora of the plains." Crawford Avalanche
[Grayling, Michigan]. Vol. IV, no. 13. Thursday, July 23, 1882.
Page 1, 2 col.
Article captured in 3 separate pdf files and one compiled pdf:
- Spalding, Volney M. "Native medicinal plants of Michigan." Proceedings of the Michigan Pharmaceutical Association at its Fourth Annual Meeting, Detroit, October 17, 1877. pp. 18-27.
- School Gardening Documents of the Early 20th Century:
A Digitization Journey That Keeps Flourishing.
Powerpoint presented at the 2010 Council on Botanical and Horticultural Librariesconference, Seattle, Wash.
- POSTER: Seeking Viticulture Information: A How-to Guide to Finding and Organizing Mass Amounts of Subject Specific Information. Presented at the 2008 USAIN conference.
- So you want to be a viticulture librarian - A Powerpoint presentedat the Missouri Library Assoc. Conference, October 2007
- So you want to be a viticulture librarian in Michigan
- A modified Powerpoint presented at the Missouri Library Assoc.Conference, October 2007, geared for residents of Michigan
- Missouri's Grape
and Wine Industry: Historic and Thriving
- A Powerpoint presentation made at the 2008 Wine Librarians Association meeting, Cornell University.
- POSTER: MSU AgNIC: Supporting Michigan,
Informing the Nation.
Presented at the 2008 MSUE Fall Conference.
March 19, 2013
Page editor: Suzanne Teghtmeyer