Thomas G. Padilla
Digital Humanities Librarian
- MS 2013, Library and Information Science, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- MA 2012, World History, San Francisco State University
- BA 2007, History, San Francisco State University
- Digital Humanities
- Getz, Trevor, and Thomas Padilla. Subjecting History: Building a Relationship Between History and its Alternatives. Athens: Ohio University Press, Forthcoming Fall 2015.
- Padilla, Thomas and Trevor Getz. "Building Links Between History and its Doubles." in Subjecting History: Building a Relationship Between History and its Alternatives. Athens: Ohio University Press, Forthcoming Fall 2015.
- Padilla, Thomas and Devin Higgins. "The Matryoshka Effect: Library Collections as Digital Humanities Data". Public Services Quarterly. [Forthcoming]
- Higgins, Devin, Thomas Padilla, and Arend Hintze. "Defining Literary Data: An Information-Theoretical Approach." Japanese Association for Digital Humanities. Ibariki, Japan. 19-21 September 2014.
- Prom, Christopher, Bethany Anderson, Thomas G. Padilla, et al. "Constructing Scientific Archives that Support Humanistic Research." Digital Humanities Annual Conference. Lausanne, Switzerland. 9 July 2014.
- Rimkus, Kyle , Thomas Padilla, Tracy Popp, and Greer Martin. "Digital Preservation File Format Policies of ARL Member Libraries: An Analysis." D-Lib Magazine, March/April 2014.
- Padilla, Thomas. "Design and Consequence in the Digital Environment." World History Association Annual Conference. San Jose, Costa Rica. 17 July 2014.
- Padilla, Thomas. "Topic Modeling for Digital Collections Appraisal." Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting. New Orleans, Louisiana. August 2013.
- Padilla, Thomas. "Comparing Textually Embedded Data with Derived Claims: A Network Analysis Approach." Digital Humanities@Oxford Summer School. Oxford, England. July 2013.
- Padilla, Thomas and Jefferson Bailey. "Preservationistas: Online Communities, Activist Preservation, and Born-Digital Archives." Archives and Activism Symposium. New York, New York. October 2012.
- Padilla, Thomas. "Role/s of Humanities Librarians in Digital Humanities". American Library Association: RUSA History Librarians Discussion Group. Las Vegas, NV. 28 June 2014.
- Padilla, Thomas. "Careers in the Information Age". Navigating Career Opportunities in Libraries, Research, and Knowledge Management. Chicago, Illinois. 30 May 2014.
Grant Funded Projects
- Padilla, Thomas, Sara Miller, Hailey Mooney, Bobby Smiley. "Library-Led DH Pedagogy: Modeling Paths Toward Information and Data Literacy." ACH Microgrant. July 2014.
- Van Wieren, Gretel, Paul B. Thompson, Kyle Powys Whyte, Thomas G. Padilla, Nancy Tuana, and Robert Steiffer. "The New Ethics of Food." Humanities Without Walls- Global Midwest Initiative. May 2014.
- Suleiman, Camelia, Suzanne Wagner, Peter De Costa, and Thomas G. Padilla. "Communities of the Global Midwest: A Comparative Linguistic Study." Humanities Without Walls- Global Midwest Initiative. May 2014.
- DiRT Editorial Board, 2014_2016
- Member, Association for Computing in the Humanities, 2014_
- Member, National Digital Stewardship Alliance, Innovation Group, 2014_
- Jury, American Library Association Spectrum Scholarship, 2014_
- Recruiter, Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities National Internship Program, 2013_
Awards & Honors
- International Studies and Programs Special Foreign Travel Fund Award, 2014
- Jane B. and Robert B. Downs Professional Promise Award, 2014
- Association for Research Libraries Diversity Scholar, 2012_2014
- American Library Association Spectrum Scholar, 2012_2013